Monday, March 19, 2007
Rachel: " Doesn't passion counts for anything in this world anymore?"
Does passion counts for anything in this world anymore? I'm inclined to believe that passion is a luxury item, a luxury good which only becomes an option in the later more established stages of life.
'You bitter cynical bitch!' i hear ye screaming at me now.
Well discounting the passion for success, comfort and security. I feel inclined to state that i feel that passion isnt sth that u can pursue wholeheartedly and dedicatedly anymore.
Say i want to major in philosophy, im sure some people would just jump out and say- "What can you do with philosophy? its just a worthless piece of paper.Not applicable to the real world, please be more practical." and say i reply- "But i like it, its my interest and its really fascinating."and I would definitely get knives thrown at me -" You can't always do what you like in life. You have to be practical, you have obligations, you can't just throw them away like that. Please be more responsible with your life." and the saddest part is that their argument makes sense to me. If only because i intuitively know that its logical and pragmatic. And the greatest devil here would be yours truly, because i choose to heed their advice, if only for the fear of insecurity.
Who else can i blame but me?I need stability, security and affirmation. And because im so dense and ineffectual, i can derive these assurances only by means of comparison through the standards of others as well as how i can contribute back to them by means of my actions.
Perhaps my upbringing has a part to play in all this. Or maybe its just the Country. Possibly the world. But mostly just me as a neurotic and paranoid entity who willingly allows herself to fall victim to the standards set by the world.
I choose to muffle my passion, learn to love practicality...In all foolishness. Yet im perfectly capable blogging grousing and complaining about whatever inflictions i have, refusing to change my belief. Or rather, lack the courage and balls to to change the root of the problem.
I am such a feeble being. A determined feeble being. Hah. The irony of it all.
Does passion counts for anything in this world anymore? I'm inclined to believe that passion is a luxury item, a luxury good which only becomes an option in the later more established stages of life.
'You bitter cynical bitch!' i hear ye screaming at me now.
Well discounting the passion for success, comfort and security. I feel inclined to state that i feel that passion isnt sth that u can pursue wholeheartedly and dedicatedly anymore.
Say i want to major in philosophy, im sure some people would just jump out and say- "What can you do with philosophy? its just a worthless piece of paper.Not applicable to the real world, please be more practical." and say i reply- "But i like it, its my interest and its really fascinating."and I would definitely get knives thrown at me -" You can't always do what you like in life. You have to be practical, you have obligations, you can't just throw them away like that. Please be more responsible with your life." and the saddest part is that their argument makes sense to me. If only because i intuitively know that its logical and pragmatic. And the greatest devil here would be yours truly, because i choose to heed their advice, if only for the fear of insecurity.
Who else can i blame but me?I need stability, security and affirmation. And because im so dense and ineffectual, i can derive these assurances only by means of comparison through the standards of others as well as how i can contribute back to them by means of my actions.
Perhaps my upbringing has a part to play in all this. Or maybe its just the Country. Possibly the world. But mostly just me as a neurotic and paranoid entity who willingly allows herself to fall victim to the standards set by the world.
I choose to muffle my passion, learn to love practicality...In all foolishness. Yet im perfectly capable blogging grousing and complaining about whatever inflictions i have, refusing to change my belief. Or rather, lack the courage and balls to to change the root of the problem.
I am such a feeble being. A determined feeble being. Hah. The irony of it all.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]